Prior to the opening of the Verrazano Bridge the South Shore of Staten Island was an underdeveloped location. After the construction of the Verrazano Narrows Bridge urbanization began during the 1960s and construction on the South Shore was being developed at a very fast pace through the 1980s. Today there is still new construction of homes continuously being developed on the South Shore of Staten Island but at a slower pace. There has been a large amount of growth over the years. Many people have been searching for homes for sale in Staten Island NY. Recently large shopping centers have been popping up on the South Shore. Large big box stores are making their home here at an astonishing pace. There will soon be a movie studio/ TV production center on Arthur Kill Rd where a correctional facility once was. This movie studio will become the second largest in the country, the largest being in Hollywood. The South Shore of Staten Island is a wonderful area to put down roots and enjoy a family lifestyle while still being within the city limits. Real Estate in Staten Island NY is booming. In 2015 even a pair of Bald Eagles were starting a family in a nice nest on the South Shore of Staten Island. It’s been a century since anything like this has occurred in NYC. Their search for a home ended when they found the friendly location of the South Shore of Staten Island. The South Shore of Staten Island is a short distance from New Jersey via the outer bridge crossing. On this page you will see Homes for sale on the South Shore of Staten Island. Click here to see a map of Staten Island NY attractions.
Some points of interest are:
- The South Shore Golf Course: Par-72 Course.
- Grand Oaks Country Club
- YMCA South Shore Center
- Mount Loretto
- South Shore Swimming Club at 6736 Hylan Blvd, Staten Island, NY 10309.
- Staten Island University Hospital South Site
- The Conference House: On the water, beautiful Views, jam-packed with history.
Some South Shore Parks:
- Gateway National Park, walking paths, beach and a Marina/ boating, fishing.
- Seaside Wildlife Nature Park known as Pirate Ship Park.
- Blue Heron Park, Spring Pond.
- Wolfes Pond Park, Wolfe’s Pond Beach.
- Lemon Creek Park, Dorothy Fitzpatrick Fishing Pier, Freshwater fishing. Anglers enjoy fishing for striped bass, snapper’s, bluefish and flounder.
- Bloomingdale Park
- Clay Pit Pond Park
- Conference House Park
Some South Shore Towns are:
- Great Kills
- South East Annadale
- Princes Bay
- Pleasant Plains
- Richmond Valley
- Butler Manor
- Train: Staten Island Rapid Transit.
- Local and Express buses.