The borough of Staten Island is in New York City. You can search for homes for sale on the North Shore by using this site. Here you will find some information about the North Shore of Staten Island.
This location began to be populated the early 1920’s. Staten Island’s North Shore is the oldest and the most populated area of the Island. There are many beautiful older homes for sale in Staten Island NY, on the North Shore.
The North Shore is known to have excellent access to transportation. The Ferry in Saint George provides service to NYC. The Staten Island Rapid transit (train) runs from many towns on Staten Island to the St. George ferry Terminal. Local bus service and express buses serve the North Shore. Castleton Bus Depot is on Castleton and Jewett Ave. Connections to New Jersey via the Bayonne and Goethals Bridges. Access to Brooklyn and NYC and more via the Verrazano –Narrows Bridge.
Click here (http://www.wsj.com/article_email/west-brighton-staten-island-offers-the-best-of-both-worlds-1463133600-lMyQjAxMTE2NjExNDAxMjQ2Wj ) to read a nice article posted in the Wall Street Journal about West Brighton and the North Shore of Staten Island New York. After opening the link you can scroll down to see one of our listings at 16 Hunter Place that they have highlighted in the center.
The Bay St corridor: Four major projects are currently in the works: The New York Wheel, The Empire Outlets. A large apartment complex URBY Staten Island NY. Click here to read more, this was the former Naval Port in Stapleton. Click here to see more information about Lighthouse Point.
Three new hotels are planned for the area. Real Estate in Estate Staten Island NY is currently booming especially on the North Shore.
There are many wonderful points of interest on the North Shore of Staten Island, here are some of them:
- Snug Harbor Cultural Center: 1000 Richmond Terrace, Staten Island, NY 10301
- National Lighthouse Museum: 200 The Promenade at Lighthouse Point. Staten Island, New York 10301.
- The Saint George Theater: 35 Hyatt Street Staten Island, NY 10301.
- St. George Coast Guard Station: 1 Bay Street, St. George SI NY 10301 Click here to read more about the coast guard station.
- The New York Chinese Scholar’s Garden: Snug Harbor Cultural Center.
- Staten Island Yankees Stadium: 75 Richmond Terrace Staten Island, NY 10301.
- The Children’s Museum: Snug Harbor Cultural Center.
- Staten Island Institute of Arts and Science: 75 Stuyvesant Pl. Staten Island, NY 10301
- The Staten Island Zoo: 614 Broadway (across the street from the Broadway YMCA), SI NY, 10310.
- Silver Lake Park: Victory Blvd., Clove Rd., Forest Ave. Public golf Course.
- Clove Lake Park: Forest Ave., Victory Blvd., bet. Clove Rd. and Brookside Ave., Royal Oak Rd.
- Garibaldi-Meucci Memorial Museum: 420 Tompkins Ave Staten Island, NY 10305 Click here to read more.
- The Alice Austin House: 2 Hylan Blvd at Edgewater Street Staten Island NY 10305.
- Click here to see some local Real Estate attractions located just outside the Ferry Terminal.